Higher education can be obtained in universities:
- Within the full cycle of learning - the Bachelor's programme (from the first year);
- In the form of studying the disciplines not studied before and required to obtain a specific profession in the certain state abroad (thereby considered to be the academic gap or disparity between the volume of previously obtained credits and the volume of required credits in a certain state) – in case of international academic and professional mobility;
- In the form of studying already completed disciplines once again, but this time in compliance with the standards and requirements of the specific country (in case of international academic and professional mobility);
- In the form of the educational qualification improvement (Master’s program or Doctoral studies);
- In the form of improvement of educational qualification and professional skills (further education programs).
The most prestigious universities of the globe usually impose very serious requirements in relation to the quality of the applicant’s knowledge and language proficiency. In addition studying in such universities is most often quite costly.