It should be noted once again that a professional with the university degree, not trying to improve own knowledge and the general qualification on a regular basis, will not be considered the best candidate for the vacant positions in prestigious corporations in the developed states. Today the only way to keep the professional competencies and their quality up-to-date is enrolling in the further education programs on the regular basis.
Many corporations develop their own educational programs for their employees. Some of them may send their workers to study within programs offered by other organisations. But one thing should be understood well: the candidate for a position, improving own educational level upon own initiative, will be especially valuable for the employer. In addition to better level of knowledge, such person will obviously think in a creative way, be goal-seeking and active.
Popular and high-quality programs of further education are offered not only by universities. Other kinds of educational institutions, NGOs, corporations and even certain authoritative professionals working in various fields may offer such programs as well. If a specific program of further education can be described as top-quality and profound, then the nature and the status of a subject offering this program matter not. Various types of courses, seminars, lectures and workshops must provide new knowledge, improve professional skills and stimulate creative activity of their attendants – that is the most important thing.
At the same time when choosing the further education program one should pay attention to the following circumstances (as these predetermine not only the quality of such programs, but also the fact of their future recognition as the official period of education):
- Authority and prominence of the organiser of an educational program;
- Qualification and professional reputation of educators (lecturers);
- Information support of an educational program (websites and study materials);
- The students’ knowledge certification procedure - mandatory
- Educational documents (diploma, certificate) formalising the training period;
- Registration of the academic load in the ECTS credits;
- Availability of the Europass system documents for students (Diploma Supplement and Europass Mobility);
- Transparency of education: a possibility to find the reliable information about contents, period and results of training of a certain individual in the stable and authoritative sources (website, publication);
- Mechanism of verification of the student’s new knowledge and skills through writing and publishing (as a monograph or a paper in the periodical) the original qualification-related paper.
One of the most significant quality-related peculiarities of the modern labour market is the demand not for the formal education (diploma), but for profound knowledge and skills. This is why many of those applying for prestigious positions prefer obtaining education in several institutions (not just one university) – by completing many isolated further education programs and thereby improving own qualification. Such kind of accumulative education is often much more effective, diversified, and intensive than the unified education offered by one institution, thus being interesting to students and employers.
If you feel the need to engage in further education, please fill in the offered application form. The BoVaSCo will provide assistance in finding the educational programs corresponding to your demands (including all the paperwork).